Over the last couple of days their has been a number of offences occur with in the Booval Police Division including Dinmore, Ebbw Vale and Riverview.
The offences include break and enters into dwellings while residents have been at home or away, as well and break and enters into vehicles. The offenders have taken advantage of homes that have had doors and windows left unlocked or not properly secured.
Become more security conscious to prevent opportunities for offenders to break and enter.
Some strategies include…
- No matter where you are lock your car!
- Park your vehicle in your garage, drive way or yard, not on the street.
- Don’t leave valuables in your vehicle, especially in view.
- Always place small items of value including phones, purse, wallet etc in a secure location in your home.
- Consider installing security screens and doors and have them locked.
- If you are out the back or your residence or in one area of your home, ensure unoccupied areas are secured against outside entry.
- Be neighbourly and look out for each other and suspicious activity.
Report suspicious activity to police at the time it occurs.
Remember crime prevention is everyone’s responsibility and by working together we can prevent crime!
For more information on crime prevention strategies, visit www.police.qld.gov.au or contact Ipswich District Crime Prevention Unit on 07 38171351.